Senior Principal Java Software Engineer
Our client is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. This position will be remote based in the US or Canada.
The Company offers a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education. The Company helps businesses to embrace digital transformation securely. They have customers in 96 countries.
Our client, a leader in cloud-based compliance and information security solutions, is seeking a highly talented and motivated Java Software Engineer with established professional experience.
- Work in small, agile teams to design, prototype and build new product offerings and enhance existing products and tools other object-oriented programming languages
- Create robust automated unit/functional test suites and deployment scripts
- Work with internal QA team on system, performance and acceptance testing
- Familiarity with building cloud-native applications on difference cloud platforms
- Strong object-oriented design and Java programming skills, including experience with leading open-source frameworks such as Spring. Familiarity with Scala/C++ or other object-oriented languages is also acceptable
- Experience in the development of high-speed streaming applications using platforms such as Flink/Spark/Storm/Kafka
- Familiarity with Machine Learning techniques
- Solid relational and non-relational database skills using MySQL/Maria, PostgreSQL, Mongo etc.
- Real-world experience building very large scale, high availability applications
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop/Elastic Search/BookKeeper/Ozone
- Ability to work with distributed teams in a dynamic, iterative development process
- Occasional overnight travel to other offices may be required
- Familiarity with the security industry is desirable but not required
Please send resume and cover letter to Maureen2A3group.ca or call 519-858-8880.