QA Specialist – Remote/On-site
Our client located in London, On is looking for a QA Specialist to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
The QA Specialist’s responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g., defect densities and open defect counts)
The QA Specialist role plays an important part of our client’s product development process. The ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost effective. If you hold an QA Specialist background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software problems, we would like to hear from you.
You will monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meeting quality standards.
- Review quality specifications and technical design to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate quality testing activities
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay-up to date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience with C# is an asset
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, or related subject
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-858-8880.