Python Programmer – Product Specialist
Our client located in Cambridge, ON offer a high energy, professional yet casual work environment with the opportunity to make a difference every day. It is an environment where everyone’s contribution is rewarded and valued. They take pride in their ability to have fun and celebrate their successes together. In return, they are looking for individuals that can thrive in their environment and turn technology problems into opportunities to grow. If we are describing you, then please contact us for me details about this unique opportunity.
As a member of our Core Development team, your responsibilities will revolve around enabling the organization through automation and system integration that help deliver key functionality from their core. These key functionalities range from complex low-level system integration needs to cutting edge tools to help end users accomplish a variety of turnkey business, customer and specific telecommunication function and tasks:
- Collaboratively work alongside others to deliver value back to the organization
- Work alongside Sponsors and Architects to create and execute project plans.
- Have the opportunity to design, code and support corporate and product driven development ranging from lower-level appliance wrappers/adapters, component integration all the way up to both internal and external web applications (non-marketing driven rather business/customer function driven).
- Deliver full stack solutions.
- Work on projects and change requests driven by efficiency needs, cost reduction and innovation.
- Participate in supporting the applications and components that our team is accountable for in a team rotation support structure.
- Have the opportunity to learn and be exposed to state of the art Telecommunications and ISP specific technologies at all levels.
- Depending on the size/type of the initiative, participate and potentially drive some/most/every phase of the SDLC regardless of methodology.
- Document software/systems and produce helpful write-ups for other developers and/or end users in the form of quick guides, wiki entries, readme (git markdown) etc.
- Help shape our team by contributing to our overall goals of continuous improvement.
- Participate in or lead JAD sessions and scrums.
- Solution and estimate ‘in discovery’ initiatives and help manage our RFC and Project intake funnels.
- Oversee and mentor junior developers on projects.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Highly proficient in Python and good knowledge of PHP and Perl
- Proven experience developing in a Linux (production) environment and building Linux & Docker services
- Enjoys and is good at object-oriented programming and design.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: distributed/parallel systems, enterprise integration, web application development, network software, service-oriented architecture, web services.
- Must be passionate about software & system architecture, networking, programming, and technology in general
- Has designed and implemented multi-tiered solutions
Skills considered an asset:
- Design patterns
- Understanding of VoIP
- Data Analytics
- Data Warehousing
Please send cover letter and resume to Maureen@2A3group.ca or call 519-858-8880.