My client, located in London, ON is looking to hire an IT Support Specialist.
This position reports to the Infrastructure and Operations IT Manager and is responsible for ensuring that business end users are receiving the highest quality of customer and technical services in adherence to defined Service Level Agreements. This includes the responsibility of coordinating all procedures related to identification, prioritization and resolution of incidents or fulfillment of IT requests. Inclusive to this role is the day to day monitoring, tracking and coordination of all Service Desk functions.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems, software, mobile phones, and all configurations.
- Ensure that Tickets in the ticketing software are opened, updated and resolved on a consistent basis
- Ensure network security and connectivity
- Set up user accounts, permissions, and passwords, resolve problems, reported by end-user
- Research and make recommendations on server system administration
- Support and administer third-party applications
- Administer company phone systems
- Perform data backups including on-site and off-site backups
- Perform basic troubleshooting of office equipment (copiers, printers, fax machines)
- Perform other related activities, as necessary or as assigned
- Currently enrolled or fully completed Computer Science Degree / Diploma or related technical education focusing on one or more of the following:
- VMWare (ESXI/vShere, VDI / Horizon View)
- Networking involving multiple platforms, CISCO/Nortel/HP/Dell etc.
- Switching, routing, VAN and remote access
- Microsoft Exchange / Office 365
- Current & legacy windows sever environment and the accompanying enterprise
- Applications, Active Directory, IIS, file servers, etc.
- Desktop support for PC environment supporting Windows 7 and later, and the Microsoft Office suite
- Hands-on experience with servers, databases and operating systems. The Microsoft Server operating system is an asset
- There is an on call and off hours requirement
- Ability and desire to travel in Canada if necessary
- Desktop support for PC environment supporting Windows 7 and later, and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Customer service oriented with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for business end users
- Experience with supervising Service Desk staff
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot complex technical issues
- Broad technical knowledge and experience in supporting workstation hardware and software configuration
- Strong understanding of policies and procedures as it relates to information technology
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or call 519-858-8880.