IT Network Analyst – Tier 2
My client located in London, ON is looking to hire a Tier 2 Network Analyst to add to the growing help desk. This position is responsible for ensuring that business end users are receiving the highest quality of customer & technical services in adherence to defined Service Level Agreements.
This includes the responsibility of coordinating all procedures related to identification, prioritization and resolution of incidents or fulfillment of IT requests. Inclusive to the role is the day to day monitoring, tracking and coordination of all Service Desk functions.
- Design and deploy Company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, switches, UPSs, and other network hardware
- Participate in processes and provide viable solutions for the Company’s IT network infrastructure needs
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, Firewalls, VOIP equipment, and other network appliances
- Monitor connectivity of and troubleshoot related issues for on-premise datacentre servers, including primary core switches and backup servers
- Monitor connectivity of and troubleshoot related issues for Application platforms that exist off premises in Private/Public Cloud environments at he SAAS, IAAS and PAAS levels
- Maintain security related policies, procedures and associated plans for network design and operation
- Provide network support in the migration of data operating platforms from physical hots to virtual and remote hosting environments
- Formal IT & Security Network training
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in an IT Network role
- Good understanding of Active Directory Service concepts in relation to network operations and access authentication is an asset
- Certification in Cisco CCNA or related discipline
- General understanding of IT Security and Network policies and procedures
- Intermediate knowledge of network infrastructure design
- Exposure to Business Continuity/Disaster Recover best practices
- Currently enrolled or fully completed Computer Science Degree/Diploma or related technical education focusing in one or more of the following:
Network involving multiple platforms, Cisco/Nortel/HP/Dell etc.
Switching, Routing, WAN and Remote Access
- Requirement to be on-call – will provide details
- Ability and desire to travel in Canada if necessary
- Hands-on experience with servers, databases and operating systems including Microsoft
- Server operating system is an asset
- Must be customer service oriented with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to business end users
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot complex technical issues
- Broad technical knowledge and experience in supporting workstation hardware and software
- Strong understanding of policies and procedures as it relates to Information Technology
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Please send resume and cover letter to Maureen@2a3group.ca or call 519-858-8880.